Logistics Assistant (Pharmacist) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Logistics Assistant (Pharmacist)
- Organizational Unit: Procurement Logistic Unit
- Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
- IOM Classification: G4
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. : SVN2021.109
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Tuesday 19 Oct 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics Assistant the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out Logistics functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Track and maintain the pharmaceutical procurement system.
2. Suggest improvements to the pharmaceutical request system between the central health unit and facility level pharmacies.
3. Remain up to date on pharmaceutical developments and make recommendations, in coordination with the national migration health officer, on required pharmaceuticals required to support country-wide health developments.
4. Ensure, in coordination with the Programme Support and Monitoring Officer, that all pharmaceutical deliveries and dispatches are effectively evaluated recorded in the tracking system.
5. Conduct regular field visits to health facilities to monitor stock levels and quality of stock storage systems.
6. Carry out and assist in coordinating systematic data collection, compilation and reporting on all pharmacy related health
activities are provided to Sana’a level;
7. Assist in collection of beneficiary stories and service evaluations in coordination with the IOM Migration Health Unit (MHU);
8. Undertake other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Pharmacology from an accredited academic institution with five years of continuous professional working experience preferably in migration health, epidemiology and/or public health; An additional post graduate qualification is desirable; knowledge of structures and functions of national health systems, international health agencies, donors and organizations.
- Minimum Five Years’ related Experience (Three Years for University Degree holders) in operating as a
- pharmacologist in a large international organization/NGO is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff and create team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability in project proposals and reports writing;
- Strong level of analytical skills and computer literacy.
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
- Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations.
Languages: English and Arabic
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل