FSL Civil Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
FSL Civil Engineer
Location: Khanfar, Abyan.
Reports to: Project Manager
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
FSL Civil Engineer will be responsible for the identification, design, selection of the CFW sites, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the progress of community construction and rehabilitation projects in the assigned districts. S/he is Responsible for day-to-day field management, supervision and provision of regular technical backstopping to FSL, CFW and community projects in addition to provision of needed technical support. In addition, he/she will be providing the technical support for the project team in the implementation of FSL activities and providing technical training for beneficiaries, community committees.
- Develop detailed bills of quantities (BOQ), drawings and action plans for the construction/Rehabilitation works for all FSL/CFW project sites in collaboration with FSL specialist and engineers’ staff and based on assessment and program requirements, ensuring that recommended work is within the minimum SPHERE standard.
- Oversee and create a community-based oversight system for all FSL activities carried out by contractors.
- Participate in the selection of the CFW sites in close coordination with community committees, project team to ensure those sites meet the selection criteria, project scope, and design and prepare the BOQs accordingly.
- Work with FSL specialist to draw up works tender documents’ and provide technical support to Bid Committees.
- Where necessary, take samples for laboratory testing of materials and workmanship.
- Seek and obtain appropriate government sign-off on works at the critical stages; especially at the start and completion.
- Coordinate CFW construction activities with other local actors (governmental and non-governmental). Build strong relationship with local and government partners, Agriculture office, MOPIC, NWSA, GARWSP etc.
- Supervise and be responsible for all technical aspects of project implementation, ensure they are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to standard engineering methods.
- Maintain material record at construction sites and ensure quality of all material arrived on all sites.
- Ensure the Contractor is compliant with Statutory Law and the organization’s safety and security protocols on all construction/rehab sites.
- As appropriate, ensure that the contractor maintains proper inventory control systems of commodities/goods transactions.
- Technical training of Site technician engineers, community volunteers, CFW community committees, governmental staff and admin staff on how to use and maintain the CFW facilities.
- Ensure that variations are approved by the project manager according to the organization’s procedures before giving work order to the contractor.
- Verify incoming materials are of the highest quality and from acceptable country of origin.
- Certify achievement of contractual milestones, and provide reports to project manager so payment to contractors can be processed.
- Ensure community participation in all CFW activities.
- Regularly update project implementation plans to the project manager with associated time lines.
- Develop and implement safety standard checklists ensuring that beneficiaries’ safety is central.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation.
- Is responsible for maintaining detailed work plans and written records of engineering work undertaken in the project.
- Is responsible for a high degree of awareness regarding the safety and security situation in the project area.
- Watch and report on any new needs arising in the project target areas.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports and filed visit reports at critical points of the construction/rehabilitation works.
- Participate in a field-level needs assessment/survey/data collection of proposed community CFW rehabilitation projects in coordination with Livelihood and Agriculture teams; develop a comprehensive bill of quantities (BOQs); prepare a detailed report of assessment/survey findings.
- To conduct technical assessment and feasibility survey for all CFW sites in targeted area.
- To conduct need assessment for all community assets, (schools’ rehabilitation, road pavement, gabions, water assets, health centres rehabilitations, agriculture sites, etc.) in targeted areas.
- Supervise the Cash for Work activities including selection of sites, beneficiaries, payment and monitoring activities.
- Provide technical support for all CFW activities including preparing BOQs, selecting sites, supervising the work at all CFW sites.
- Provide technical support for FSL Site Technician Supervisor, field monitors, water quality monitors, water community volunteers,
- Other duties as assigned.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Ensure that FSL/CFW activities are carried out according to BOQs, drawings, quality standards established by the organization through quality checklists.
- Weekly reporting of data in order to follow up the standard project and strategic indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activities completed).
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Follow all the organization’s protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by the direct supervisor.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Preparation of weekly work plan for project team and sharing with line manager
- Ensure that project activities are carried out according to BOQs, drawings, quality standards established by the organization through quality checklists and other tools.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and field visit reports and sharing with line manager on timely manner.
- Ensure proper Record keeping for all project activities in hard and soft form.
Qualifications, Experiences, and Competencies:
- University Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Architecture, relevant disciplines, or equivalent field experience.
- 1+ year related experience and some supervisory experience; or equivalent training experience.
- Considerable Experience in implementing FSL/Cash for Work and or Voucher Cash Transfer is required.
- Continuous studying and training in the job is required.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Effective use of computers – Word and Excel and preferably a design and drawing software (Autocad, Reviet, etc.).
- Oral and written language skills in English.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts.
- NGO or humanitarian programming experience.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Confidential
Development and HR Manger ( مدير ادارة التطوير والموارد البشرية)Deadline:15 Nov | Sana'a
Professional Sales Representative (مندوب مبيعات علمي ) (Re-Advertised)Deadline:28 Oct | Sana'a , Dhamar
مدير خدمات الموظفين وبيئة العملDeadline:28 Oct | Taiz
Commercial Manager (مدير الإدارة التجارية)Deadline:31 Oct | Sana'a
Chocolate Maker (فني خلط شوكولاتة)Deadline:31 Oct | Sana'a