Job Title: Roving WPE Senior Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8A
Location: Aden with frequent travels to project governorates in north and south.
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Since establishing its presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just an implementing small project to handling large scale emergency and relief operations. Following the war which broke out in Yemen in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster, which was crafted by the same, IRC launched one an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwah and Aldalea. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen and Sana’a and Hodeidah in the North through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direct supervision of the WPE Manager, the Roving WPE Senior Officer position will oversee and support the provision of quality WPE interventions by IRC and the RISE consortium members in their designated locations. She will provide technical support, and mentorship, develop necessary training outlines and materials,
The Roving WPE Senior Officer will work with program officers, and assistants with general oversight of program intervention through the partners and attend relevant meetings and workshops when assigned. The position is based in Aden, with 70% of travel to project locations.
The Roving WPE Senior Officer will work closely with the Partnership, Health, and Child Protection sectors.
- Ensuring that WPE program activities are women, girl, and survivor-centered, and adhere to GBV guiding principles, flagging any concerns to the Manager in a timely manner.
- Development and updating of procurement plans, spending plans, and work plans accordingly and seeking supervisors to review on the documents on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate training in technical development topics, including GBV case management, GBV core concepts, adolescent girls programming, Women Rise, etc…reporting for IRC staff and local partners, etc…
- Develop and adapt training materials (handouts, presentations, etc.) and tools to monitor the effectiveness of training, including pre and post-tests.
- When needed, work on updating training material, modules, and tools, develop facilitation guides, etc…
- Ensure proper documentation of all training and capacity-building sessions, keep track of the attendance sheets, training reports, and training tracker, and fill in the training database for training.
- Maintain regular contact as the focal point with consortium members to establish a relationship based on trust and reciprocal respect and to ensure their regular involvement in IRC’s activities.
- Conduct regular coaching and mentoring sessions with local partner staff and mobilize other IRC team members to provide technical input and expertise.
- Develop work plans and benchmarks with consortium members.
- Ensure proper documentation for all local partners' activities.
- Support consortium members during administrative and reporting processes, including recruitment of staff, and submission of financial and narrative reports to ensure adherence to IRC’s standard and build the capacity of local partners.
- Provide feedback to the Manager on how to best support consortium members in the capacity-building process.
- Work closely and coordinate with the managers and the partnership focal points.
- Conducting regular weekly in-person field visits and providing remote support, including developing monthly site teamwork plans and ensuring weekly activity schedules are updated and follow-up of activities against produced work plans.
- Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place for appropriate GBV analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships where relevant with NGOs, UN agencies, and authorities.
- Advocate with peer agencies, government, and on-ground actors to promote the delivery of inclusive and high-quality GBV response services.
- Prepare internal weekly, and monthly reports, including feeding into Donor reports in time, ensuring the accuracy of the information provided.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor to support the implementation and quality of the program.
REQUIREMENTS: (Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in gender studies, health, social work, humanities, or other related specializations.
- In-depth understanding of the root causes of GBV, related international standards, and GBV prevention and response strategies.
- Familiarity with WHO (CMR) guidelines or IRC Clinical Care of Sexual Assault Survivors (CCSAS) guidelines
- Familiarity with the Gender Equality standards and gender mainstreaming strategies
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Women’s Protection and Empowerment/GBV programming.
- At least one year of experience supervising a team providing direct services to survivors of violence and/or working at the community level.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating trainings and workshops on GBV or issues related to women’s rights.
- Experience in working collaboratively and/or advocating with other sectors and teams to promote gender equality and prioritize the needs of women and girls.
- Experience in starting up new programming.
C. Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and team-building skills and knowledge of participatory approaches.
- GBV or WPE Case management experience
- English skills needed: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, long working hours, and heavy workload.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility, adaptability, cultural sensitivity, sense of humor
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IRC strives to build a diverse and inclusive team at all levels who as individuals, and as a group, embody our culture statement creating a working environment characterized by critical reflection, power sharing, debate, and objectivity for us to achieve our aspirations as a team and deliver the best possible services to our clients.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
How to Apply
1- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at
2- For cornerstone application guide find the link: Cornerstone Application Guide
3- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: November 28, 2023.The system will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, November 28, 2023.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IRC
Roving WPE Data Officer - PartnersDeadline:28 Nov | Aden
CP Capacity Building / Partnership OfficerDeadline:29 Nov | Hodiedah
CP Case Management AssistantDeadline:29 Nov | Hodiedah
CP Case Management OfficerDeadline:29 Nov | Hodiedah
Women Well Being Roving Officer (WPE Roving Officer)Deadline:29 Nov | Sana'a