MEAL Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Location: Al Hodeidah
Duration: Eight Months
Date of Issue: 24 September 2023
Closing Date for Applications: 30 September 2023
Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development known as (JAAHD) is a National and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. JAAHD has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet & Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and finding durable solutions for them upon return.
This position is mainly responsible for providing technical support in all areas of monitoring and evaluation including rigorous field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, accountability, and learning activities. The position holder will work closely with the project’s team to conduct field monitoring, support capacity-building, and facilitate quality data collection. S/he will work according to JAAHD MEAL department policies, conduct all regular MEAL tasks, and provide ongoing support in reviewing progress reports and documents. The incumbent is also responsible for implementing JAAHD's Complaint and Feedback Mechanism in collaboration with the CFM staff; tracking/collecting of beneficiaries' information, sensitizing them about their rights and the CFM, and conducting regular post-distribution monitoring surveys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibility for conducting all MEAL standard tasks with the assigned project that includes the following:
- Design MEAL plans and indictor performance tracking table IPTT for the project and ensure their compatibility with the commitments mentioned in the project proposal, agreement, and the systems of the association.
- Design the structured questionnaires and forms for the purposes of monitoring and evaluation assessments surveys to verify the quality of interventions.
- Plan and conduct field visits to monitor the level of commitment to humanitarian work standards and the level of progress in implementing activities.
- Collect data and conduct individual interviews and focus group discussion with the targeted beneficiaries and analyze the collected data to verify the level of community satisfaction and follow up the level of response to complaints.
- Involved in preparing success stories and case studies.
- Organize periodic review meetings and share monitoring and evaluation outcomes with project team.
- Conduct baseline, end line and final evaluation surveys, including those needed for project, and measure the level of changes.
- Conduct verification of the beneficiaries list and submit a report to the line manager and the project team.
- Participate in raising awareness among beneficiaries and stakeholders about the mechanisms and channels in place for submitting complaints and suggestions.
- Carry out all required reports and sharing them with the line manager (including but not limited to, workshops and training sessions evaluation, baseline and end-line surveys, PDMs and ODMs as well as other types of assessments and data collection that is required).
- Follow up on the hard components that belong to the construction and rehabilitation of the different assets in the area and ensure sharing the reports of the progress achievement with the line-manger.
- Active participation in the internal periodic meetings of the association.
- Implement JAAHD’s Complaints and Feedback Mechanism and ensure that JAAHD’s AAP approach is mainstreamed in all of projects’ activities.
- Ensure all project staff understand and adhere to the project’s logical framework, indicators and goals.
- Ensure of archiving data and documents according to the archiving system followed in the association.
- Assist in raising any suggestions and feedback that would raise the level of performance in the workplace and inform the relevant persons of any matters that may affect the integrity, impartiality, and reputation of the association.
- Compliance with the systems, procedures, principles, and institutional values of the association.
- Other related tasks as required by line manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Studies, Information Technology or Statistics.
- At least one year of M&E experience related to development and humanitarian aid with experience working for NGO is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in reports writing.
- Strong statistical skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Strong experience in data collection and analysis tools (Kobo Collect, SPSS).
- Fluency in written and spoken in both English and Arabic.
- Experience in indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Excellent community engagement and communication skills.
- Commitment to deadlines and excellent attention to detail.
- Monitoring, documentation and archiving skills.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Capable of working collaborative with team members.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل