Project Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Project Manager (1 person)
Project Name: RRM Project
Duty Station: ADEN
Job Category: Full-time
Date of Announcement: 04 July 2021
Duration: 6 month
Type of Appointment Duration: 6 Months
Estimated Start Date: (As Soon As Possible)
Closing Date: 10, July 2021
The Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in the in Aden, Yemen. It was founded in 1995.
The SHS provides assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen every year. The organization also assists the local community in Yemen. The NGO won the Nansen Refugee Award, dedicated by the UNCHR. SHS has partnerships with UNCHR, OCHA, UNFPA and WFP
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, developing, monitoring and evaluating the assigned tasks of project activities. "She/He will carry out managerial responsibilities of overall project activities over the whole period of the project. "He/she will be based at Aden Office and with frequent visits to the operation project sites in Al-Dhale, Shabwah, Al-Mahrah, Al-Baydah and Socotra Govs. The PM will be responsible of supervising all activities and ensure that the project is on the right track, achieving the planned targets, and indicators and performing all the respective activities. The PM will dedicate 100% from his/her time to this project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Technical Support and Management:
- • Project kick-off and presentation for project staff and related SHS Programme Manager.
- • Develop the project micro-plan for implementation and monitoring & evaluation of activities and sets targets as included in the project description.
- • Implement project activities according to the required standards/specifications in corresponding with the project timetable.
- • Oversee the development of field staff capacity.
- • Oversee the awareness sessions and trainings for staff, key stakeholders, and committees/BNFs’ representatives.
- • Responsible for mobilization and sensitization of key stakeholders and target community communities to ensure deliver the assistance to eligible BNFs and target project sites.
- • Support MEAL assistant to develop project activities, assessment, and studies tools under supervision of related program manager and MEAL unit.
- • Responsible for targeting and Enrolling of BNFs and identifying project sites/locations in agreement with related local authorities and target community committees/BNFs’ representatives based on project description, and related cluster and donor approach,
- • Management of project livelihood activities in agreed mechanism with committees, key stakeholders and target BNFs based on project, sphere, related cluster and donor standards.
- • Oversee situational and context analyses in target areas to ensure deliver the project activities and assistance to target BNFs with no harm.
- • Supervise, plan, organize, and monitor all project activities carried out by the field staff.
- • Develop project under the supervision of related Program Manager.
- • Oversee project monitoring and evaluation activities, ensuring the achievement of project indicators and results at all stages of implementation
- • Hold final responsibility for all project payments
- • Ensure that all received project fund are spent according to the project budget
- • Oversee to develop micro-logistic and financial project plan as well as HR if possible.
- • Efficient financial management for the project in compliance with SHS model and donor regulations.
- • Ensure sector SOPs and guidelines are properly applied and adhered to SHS and donor standards
- • Prepare weekly liquidity plan
- • Approval of all purchases/contracting and budget line allocations
- • Ensure for all purchases/contracting of goods/services/supplies are applied and properly documented in close coordination with the admin-fin and logistics department and Project HR procedures if possible.
- • Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations.
Coordination and Representation:
- • Agree and establish clear reporting and communication lines
- • Work on developing and reviewing the project strategy in coordination with the concerned SHS Program, cluster, and local authorities at governorate and district level as well as target communities.
- • Coordinate and communicate along with the relevant local authorities at governorate and district level, and representatives of target BNFs/communities within the project framework, ensuring their meaningful participation to respond to the local community’s needs based on project, cluster and donor standards.
- • Oversee the implementation of project activities in coordination with other NGOs Project staff to ensure right targeting and avoid overleap.
- • Coordinate among Project staff to ensure good implementation of activities and integrated approach and sustainable.
- • Represent SHS and be active member in several meetings and events related to the Relevant clusters and working groups and report and update information to the related Program Manager.
- • Perform any other related duties as required
- • Responsible to produce required donor, project activities, and SHS reports and data using donor and SHS systems and tempests in coordination with the M&E Assistant.
- • Supervise and submit periodic studies, assessment, survey and evaluation reports around project in time manner.
- • Supervise the maintenance and archiving of reports, records, and technical documents
- • Prepare and send news reports to the Media Officer on field project activities and field needs for beneficiaries on a regular basis (weekly, monthly).
- • Verify the list of expenditures prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports.
- • Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents’ completeness and correctness.
The role of the Project Manager is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with SHS’s vision and mission. As such, the Project Manager is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to SHS’s project and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: All staff related to the project.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Head of SHS programs and projects
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Administration/HR Manager. Operations Manager, Finance Officer, Internal Controller, and Field Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- • University degree in, , Social Sciences, Administration Business specialization, or a related subject.
- • At least 3 - 5 years’ experience working in protection, or management projects.
- • Experience with project management cycle, budgets, and donor requirements.
- • Previous experience in a humanitarian setting.
- • Excellent interpersonal and representative skills (written, oral, cross - cultural).
- • Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs.
- • Experience in donor relation.
- • Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
- • Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- • Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- • Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- • Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of SHS
- • Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- • Commitment to the aims and principles of SHS.
- • English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- • Excellent written and oral communication skills
- • Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- • Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- • Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل