Legal Counsellor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Legal Counsellor
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 10 Months
Job Purpose: The Legal Counsellor provides legal assistance and advice to IDPs. Specifically, the Legal Counsellor provides legal services to IDPs and Affected HCs. He/She will coordinate with civil registration authorities to facilitate the issuance of legal documentation for IDPs and HCs, ensuring their access to aid. Additionally, the Legal Counsellor may work with other actors in the protection sector to strengthen the legal environment for IDPs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open a file, record and record cases according to the type of service provided, and archive data (Hard and soft).
- Provide legal support to IDPs through legal advice and provision of legal information sessions.
- Provide legal requirements periodically with ID cards, and birth certificates in coordination with the CRA.
- In coordination with the project manager, support the implementation of project activities.
- Liaise with local authorities and local communities to identify the most common legal issues pertaining to IDPs and their relation with hosting communities;
- Work closely with the IDP community, to identify particularly vulnerable individuals and with a supervisor to develop strategies and means to assist them.
- Carrying out field visits to assess protection needs and concerns of the target population, with particular attention to persons at particular risk;
- Regular reporting on protection trends and incidents faced by internally displaced persons and local communities;
- Maintaining the excel database to ensure the production of statistics and other reports in a timely manner while supporting them with success stories;
- Collecting weekly and monthly information and data reports on the risks faced by IDPs.
- Full compliance with the work methodology in accordance with the policies of the organization.
- Preparing a weekly and monthly work plan in accordance with the project manager to ensure that it is linked to the rest of the plans of other officers.
- Full flexibility in carrying out the assigned tasks and any other tasks in the event of the administration's request.
- Adherence to data protection and confidentiality.
- Attending regular meetings and active participation in developing new initiatives and proposals that seek to develop and improve the quality of the work.
- Archiving up-to-date.
- Writing success stories.
- Work to improve job performance.
- Providing legal awareness to the displaced and affected people about the importance of legal documents.
- Any other tasks assigned by the project manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A university degree in Law or any other relevant field.
- At least 2 years of experience with NGOs in the protection field.
- Experience in coordinating and planning community outreach activities.
- Ability to analyze and present information in a clear manner.
- Good knowledge of Yemeni conflict context and previous field experience.
- Strong knowledge of the local context and dynamics in the target governorates.
- English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Confidential
مسئول تسويق و مبيعات وتطوير أعمالDeadline:27 Sep | Yemen
Travel Agency ManagerDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
Sales Representative (Tourism) - Insurance Experience PreferredDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
Internal AuditDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
HR Manager - مدير الموارد البشريةDeadline:30 Sep | Sana'a