Job title: Accountant
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Aden
Working Hours: Full time (8 hours)
Family Counseling and Development Foundation
Family Counseling and Development Foundation is a non-governmental humanitarian Foundation which was established on January 8, 2011 in Yemen. FCDF is specialized in providing mental health and psychosocial support services for 12 years to men, women and children who seek help, including a qualified Yemeni staff who are very specialized in MHPSS.
We are looking for a talented and detail-focused Accountant to join our expanding team in the Financial Services sector. The accountant role involves overseeing financial records, ensuring accuracy in financial reporting, and offering assistance to other finance functions in the Foundation.
The accountant provides support to the Operations and Finance Manager in all areas of project accounting and financial management. They are responsible for ensuring that accounting transactions are processed in accordance with general accounting principles and conform to the procedures outlined in the head office field accounting manual.
Job Duties and Reasonability:
- Preparing cash disbursement vouchers after ensuring that the Foundation’s approved procedures have been completed.
- Preparing checks and transfers issued to the beneficiaries after ensuring that the Foundation’s procedures for the disbursement process are met.
- Prepares and organizes daily journal on a daily basis and enters them into the automated system.
- Prepares daily journals of purchases and expenses on a daily and regular basis on the automated system.
- Reconciles the Foundation’s accounts with the banks on a monthly basis and prepares settlement memos at the end of each month.
- Prepare reconciliations for internal accounts.
- Supervise petty cash management, including verification and review of petty cash payments for accuracy, legitimacy, and reconciliation of remaining cash with the Bookkeeper whenever replenishment is required.
- Reviews the monthly payrolls and credits them to the employees’ accounts.
- Carrying out the necessary adjustments for the monthly closing.
- Meets the requirements of the certified public accountant, the external auditor, and the audit team and cooperates with them based on the direction of the direct manager.
- Archiving and preserving all the department’s work on paper and electronically.
- Assist in the preparation of tax filings, ensuring compliance with relevant tax laws and regulations.
- Stay updated with accounting standards, industry trends, and best practices ensuring adherence to financial reporting requirements.
- Assisting in preparing reconciliations of accounts and preparing financial statements at the end of the year
- Preparing contracts for trainers and companies
- Supervising warehouses and conducting periodic and annual inventory
- Supervising exchange orders, supplies, and reports for the warehouse.
- Perform any other related duties and tasks as assigned by direct supervisor.
Skills needed for the job:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Precision at a very high level.
- Very good organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient.
- The ability to conduct financial analyses.
- Familiarity with all policies, procedures and systems related to the field of work.
- Analysis and reporting skills.
- Manage resources effectively.
- Familiarity with the English language.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
Qualifications And Recruitments:
- At least a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Professional certifications such as CPA or ACCA are preferred.
- Advanced courses in accounting and accounting systems.
- At least 2 years of experience as accountant, preferably in INGOs and/or NGOs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive financial information.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and compliance related to financial reporting and taxation.
- Advanced computer skills especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Proven experience in reports writing.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested individuals are required to apply for this position by filling in the required information Here. Qualified candidates are advised to apply ASAP as the recruitment process is conducted on a Rolling Basis.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل