Grants Management Officer – Consortium (x2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Grants Management Officer – Consortium (x2)
Duty Station [Sana’a-Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
Overall purpose of the role
- Work with consortium programme/support/technical staff to develop high-quality and timely reports for donors, and other country- and HQ-level communications.
- Support the Grants Management Specialist - Consortium in implementing initiatives to expand consortium portfolios, including contributions to proposal development and program design.
Geographic scope: Country (Yemen)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to developing and implementing consortium objectives and strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance consortium activities as part of DRC Yemen’s country operations.
- Develop and prepare high-quality, timely reports for donors, partners, and government on program progress, ensuring all donor reporting requirements are met and strategically positioned to demonstrate DRCs leadership in programming in the country context.
- Coordinate reporting workflows and processes between Consortium Management Unit, consortium partners, senior leadership, and HQ to ensure the timely and quality development and review of reports.
- Support the Consortium Management Unit in providing timely, thorough responses to information requests from internal and external sources.
- Assist Grants Management Specialist - Consortium in preparing, facilitating, and following up on grant meetings as well as in drafting, finalising, and sharing the minimum set of documents required for grant meetings.
- Support initiatives to identify, research, write, and report on humanitarian interest stories for internal and external audiences, packaging evidence-based stores to further illustrate the impact of the programming.
- Work closely with program IM/MEAL staff/teams to ensure credible, best-practice monitoring and reporting of program activities.
- Ensure the development and design of exceptional communication materials, including reports, activity plans, and information updates.
- Edit and finalize reports and communications materials. Serve as the main gatekeeper of high-quality reporting and communication activities for all portfolios, reviewing reports, drafting original content, and archiving on SharePoint.
- Support Consortium Management Unit in developing strategic communication materials, such as sector profiles, impact reports, program briefings, and other relevant pieces to increase visibility and ensure positioning of DRC’s consortiums.
- Support Consortium Management Unit in overseeing proposal development processes, including contribution to drafting and producing high-quality concept notes and proposals.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in the area of concern.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 2 years of professional experience with an international development organization.
- Familiarity with donors - US (BHA), EU (DG ECHO), and OCHA (YHF) - with special attention to reporting requirements.
- Ability to represent DRC to international donors, government officials, local groups and community members.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- University degree in international relations, project management, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in the local language (Arabic)
DRC will offer the successful applicant one year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in Sana’a.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (H1 Non-Manager).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from DRC
Protection Specialist -PSSDeadline:10 Jun | Aden , Sana'a
Protection ManagerDeadline:11 Jun | Aden
Protection Officer-Victim Assistance (Part Time)Deadline:12 Jun | Ma'rib
Protection Team Leader - Victim AssistanceDeadline:15 Jun | Aden