MEAL Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other healthcare providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Job Reference Number: MDM/MAR/PRO/1123/024
Position: MEAL Assistant
Reporting to: Medical
Team Supervisor – Marib
Technical Line: MEAL Advisor
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (MEAL Assistant), based in Marib, to start as soon as possible.
Under the overall guidance of the MEAL Advisor, and in close connection with the Health Program Manager Aden/Marib along with the MEAL Officer Sana’a, the MEAL Assistant will be responsible for the main following areas of responsibilities:
- Project data collection and computerization to ensure all health information is consolidated and represented to facilitate analysis.
- Monitoring the progress of the program against the targets.
- Keep documents of project different activities. The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring high-quality inputs of the project data in a timely manner. He/She will contribute to the design and implementation of MEAL activities for MdM projects at Marib base, assisting with data processing and analysis for project monthly and final reports. He/she will also monitor the project activities on a regular basis and will work closely with the Health and MHPSS Teams for quantitative and qualitative analysis of data.
- Ensure internal communication, submission, production of statistical reports, summaries with an initial analysis.
- Analyze the data and prepare monthly reports against the indicators of the program to see the level of the achievement and advise on the actions that need to be taken in liaison with the project team.
- Report on any malfunctions in terms of data collection or any slippage regarding indicators.
- Communicate and participate in the development of data management tools and procedures.
- Monitor recommendations resulting from the analyses, their appropriation, and implementation.
- Participate in the program learning and accountability process.
- Participate in the implementation of evaluations, surveys, or specialized studies (exploratory missions, impact studies, etc.).
- Enter weekly and monthly data into the project database/ Monitool and ensure that all information entered is correct and valid.
- Maintain updated archives of hard and soft copies of the project/ program reports, data entry tools, project activity images/photos, and information about project interventions.
- Make copies of all supervision checklists to be used by the team during field visits, archiving, and documenting all visits by the team in separate folders for each health facility and share weekly and monthly statistics reports about the visit with the program manager.
- Provide coaching to key staff on the common mistakes in the reports to be corrected and revise the reports before the submission of monthly reports and databases.
- Build the capacity of the health office key staff on how to generate and use project data collected from the health facilities.
- Assist the MEAL Advisor in the implementation of Feedback Complaint Response Mechanism (FCRM) at the Marib base level.
- To maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners.
- To attend trainings when required by MdM.
- To attend team meetings and to give qualitative inputs.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services.
- Strictly respect confidentiality of data, property of beneficiaries and MdM and respect confidentiality regarding the content of clinical interviews, except when exchanging information with the medical team in charge and within a professional frame.
Qualified Medical staff medical statistician/ Nurse/ Midwife
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position with INGOs.
Personal skills required:
- Computer Skills in using Microsoft Office such as (Word and Excel).
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good English Skills.
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل