Medical Patient Companion This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Medical Patient Companion
- Organizational Unit : Migration health Unit
- Duty Station :Yemen, Sana’a
- IOM Classification : Ungraded
- Type of Appointment : Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Daily Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. : CFCV2021.059
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Friday 11 June 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Sana’a Office’s Migration Health Officer and the direct supervision of the Migration health physician, the incumbent will directly support and provide non-medical assistance and support to unaccompanied patients supported by IOM in the foster families and the referral hospitals
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide physical assistance to the patient assigned to, whenever the patient is transferred within the hospital for either diagnostic or medical intervention procedures;
2. Monitor the non-medical condition of the patient assigned to, and assist with his/her feeding and personal hygiene errands (bathroom trips, bathing, changing of clothes, etc.);
3. Provide translation services to the patient assigned to him/her when communicating with hospital personnel during and outside doctor/nurse visiting times;
4. Call for medical care whenever required by the patient assigned to, outside of normal doctor/nurse visiting times;
5. Outside of IOM visiting times, maintain contact with IOM medical personnel on the conditions of the patient assigned to, and communicate his./her (urgent) needs accordingly
6. Facilitate daily monitoring visit of IOM staff;
7. At all times of daily assignment hours, ensure to be with the patient and to observe all hygiene precautions including hand washing;
8. Perform other duties as required;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Any level of education. Primary or secondary school degree is advantageous.
- Worked with migrants or refugees in similar positions
Languages: Arabic and Ethiopian languages (Oromo, Amharic, ..etc) are required; knowledge in other languages such as Somali or English is advantageous
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل