Community Health Worker This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Vacancy: Community Health Worker
Position status: Full-time
Location: Ad Dahi Hospital
Contract duration: 1 year with a probation period and possibility of renewal.
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organization providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology, or politics.
The Community mobilizer and CHW will provide information and health education messages at the community level, and will strengthen the link between the community and the MSF health structures.
- Collect and report (to IEC/HP Supervisor) specific information related to his/her community: perception of the sickness, food security, vaccination status of children, perception of the services, constraints and strengths, vulnerability, level of information, living conditions and risks related;
- Deliver information to his/her community on specific health topics and about MSF, the services it provides;
- Consolidate the link between his/her community and the MSF services; give advise how to better involve his/her community in the activities of awareness and prevention; indicate possible local actors or local NGOs and community project which could be involved in awareness activities at a local level;
- Support the mapping of the territory and population: schools, churches, villages, gathering points; support and facilitate relations with local authorities of his/her community, where requested by the IEC/HP Supervisor; support MSF in the defaulter tracing activities
- Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints;
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Participate in raising the health awareness for hospital beneficiaries through:
- Provide a clear briefing on MSF services and clarify the admission criteria for patients and visitors
- Provide awarness sessions in differant health messages for each patient based on the need including common messages like admission rules, IPD public rules and general hygiene rules
- Conduct face to face sessions and group sessions on specific health topics like commnitable disease, chronic disease and lifestyle, breastfeeding and child care, hygiene and wash and other ..
- Conduct discharge sessions with distributing mosquetios nets and hygiene kits.
- Following the patients and caretaker in practising the hand hygiene and personal hygiene during their being inside the hospital.
- Participate in clarifying the danger and the sequences of applying the wrong traditional therapeutic habits
- Encourage patients for early receiving to the hospital
- Participate in defaulter tracing process and trying to understand the nature of causes and provide the advice to avoid defaulting against the medical advice.
- Provide the advice for completing the medication process acording to the medical advice and clarify the consequances of defaulting against the medical advice
- Provid frist aid psychological support for patients and caretakers and reffer the cases which need consultation to the pyschologist.
- Aid the patients and caretakers to reach the other medical services like prepareing the medical report request and send it the medical office.
- Provide an accurate data of number of sessions and beneficaries and messages
- Literacy. It is necessary to follow an internal MSF training on health messages (or, if possible, Ministry of Health training).
- CHW training (done by MOH) will be an asset.
- None is required
- Has to be someone very active and well accepted in the community,
- Local language and mission working language essential
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Stress Management
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل