Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF Spain is advertising for the following position: DOCTOR ANAESTHETIST
Requirements for the position
- Essential Doctor Anesthetist university recognized degree by the state.
- Essential A valid medical work permit as specialist in anesthesia and intensive care medicine
- Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs.
- Essential Arabic and English
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
- Place of work: AL QANAWIS District, Hodeida Governorate, Republic of Yemen
- Level: 9
- Duration: Until the end of 2024, with possibility of extension
- Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale (+ specialty package)
Organize and carry out anesthetic medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anesthetic staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all anesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anesthesia.
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining anesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
- Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, anesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Supervise the OT pharmacy (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty phials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained..
- Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation, equipment, etc)
- Organize the tasks of personnel under his/her responsibility, and participate and carry-out other team management activities (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.), in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills.
- Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to accident emergency department requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.), and participate in any emergency activity or exploratory mission, in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities
How to Apply
- Those who find themselves within the criteria, you are kindly invited to send the detailed CV, cover letter in English as well as education certificates and VALID WORK PERMIT AS specialist in anaesthesia and intensive care medicine. the process will be done on Rolling basis.
- All interested candidates should go through below link to apply for the position and must have a Gmail account (no hardcopies will be accepted): https://forms.gle/t2WiDtHNQvDdeRRQA
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted!
- Test and Interview will be both conducted in English.
- Please note that applications without CV, cover letter, copy of the ID card, work permit, and the education / experience certificates might NOT BE CONSIDERED
- “MSF promotes the inclusion of women and people with disabilities. MSF does not charge fees or accept any money during the entire recruitment process.”
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل