Deputy Project Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
VACANCY: DEPUTY PROJECT COORDINATOR
Position status: Full-time
Location: Al Qaedah Hospital / movement within Ibb governorate
Contract: 1 year with possibility of renewal
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
The Project Coordinator (PC) delegates ad hoc some responsibilities to the Deputy Project Coordinator according to objective criteria taking into consideration sustainability in the treatment of the different files. In general terms, the Deputy Project Coordinator will assist the PC in planning project’s objectives and priorities, by identifying the population’s health needs, analysing the context, risks and constraints, and by calculating human and financial resources needed. He/she will contribute to the supervision, monitoring and follow-up together with the PC of all aspects of the projects in order to ensure its efficient and smooth functioning. He/she will replace the Project Coordinator in his/her absence.
- Contribute to the analysis of the political, humanitarian, economic and social context in project area in order to ensure that MSF's charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners.
- Contributes to the planning, supervision, monitoring and follow-up, together with the PC, of all aspects of the projects, according to the project plan, MSF operational policy and main strategic lines.
- Participate in the security management in the project, updating the security guidelines.
- Upon request of the PC, represents MSF within the project limits (local authorities, media, governmental and non-governmental bodies, etc.) and negotiates collaboration agreements. Legal representation is not delegable unless legally backed up (powers of attorney, etc.)
- Support the PC in planning and organizing project’s human resources, participate in their day-to-day management, in the induction of new staff, undertake evaluation of staff under his/her direct supervision and define training needs accordingly.
- Participate in exploratory missions according to the PC’s indications, in order to better comprehend context, priorities, constraints and population needs.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Participate to the follow up of the project routine activities, either in the main health project facility than in the ad hoc area of interventions as planed in the operational annual plan and ensure coordination of the activity’s implementation with the PC.
- Improved continuity and consistency of management decisions in the implementation of activities, by ensuring monitoring, regular reporting (TL meeting, sitrep, specific reports) and improved documentation of history and reasoning behind certain decisions.
- Upon PC request and guidance, take over the management and coordination of defined project activities.
- In close collaboration with the PC, make sure that external relations, networking are maintained and initiated for both acceptance and security purposes, for coordination with the health sector and other actors in the area, to facilitate the smooth implementation and follow up of MSF activities in the project.
- Monitor and analyse the humanitarian need within Ibb governorate and share information with his/her Manager.
- Enhance Actor mapping documentation.
- Participate to the strategical development of the project taking into consideration urgency, advocacy strategy, timeframe and budget implications.
- Support the PC in day to day follow up of security context evolution and management.
- With the PC and Logistics department, contribute to the improvement of the security project management and update MSF standard monitoring tools and documentation (Logbooks, PSSP, SOP, TSF).
- Contribute to the security and cultural awareness of the national and international team members.
- Represent MSF externally together with the PC or alone (when delegated), advocate or negotiate on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging.
- Ensure a good collaboration and relation with all authorities – foreseeing future challenges and preventing escalation and taking actions accordingly.
- Assist in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image and values.
- Maintained good relations with MoH hospital management team and improved collaboration while running of MSF supported activities in the hospital to facilitate the implementation of the operations, logistics and medical activities.
- Participate in organisational meetings and events/intervention follow-up like FAD, media events, community-based HP, outreach or other events involving the communities and authorities.
- Upon request produce report, summary and official communication.
- University-level studies with specification in Project Management, Languages, Law, HR Management.
- Essential previous experience of at least 4 years required in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- Knowledge on medical activities, health facilities management and experience in cross-cultural context is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory (speaking and writing)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet) and social media
- Ibb governorate political context and humanitarian needs is an asset
- Analytical thinking and planning
- Stress management
- Leadership and People Management
- Security Awareness
- Good communicant and Teamwork
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل