MEAL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Deadline: November 21, 2023.
Position: MEAL Officer
Location: Aden with frequent field visits to sites of assignment.
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator- Yemen South hub.
Direct Reports: N/A
Reference: HR 23-72
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being, and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way — emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design, and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL Officer will dedicate 100% of his/her time to leading, coordinating, and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The MEAL Officer will maintain all data, conduct relevant need assessments, ensure full compliance with rules and regulations for project implementation, and develop frequent reports on all project activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program/project design and learning
- Participate in program/ project design, especially in developing log frames.
- Design, develop, and continuously update the project MEAL plan,
- Develop and make sure all the sub-sectors in the project/program have tested monitoring tools that capture both program activity and indicators progress.
- Take part in diagnostic studies, evaluations, and surveys.
- Organize periodical ongoing project-level review, reflective practice, evaluation, and progress monitoring events by involving communities and local partners.
- Organize panel monitoring and/or similar MEAL events to ensure accountability to the target community, with relevant stakeholders including communities, and ensure their dissemination to concerned parties.
- With support from the MEAL Coordinator and Program manager, participate with DMO in establishing and maintaining a project-level information management system.
- Design a strategy to collect field-level information required by RI, donors, and/or stakeholders.
- Coordinate synergy and cross-learning among different projects/programs.
- Cross-learning among projects by regularly producing (compiling) summary monitoring reports and sharing with staff.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Track progress against monitoring work plans. Develop project indicator tracking sheets and MEAL plans in cooperation with the MEAL Coordinator.
- Coordinate the field-level community participatory monitoring and evaluation, reflective practice, and impact measurement.
- Ensure the on-time execution of project major monitoring and evaluation events including but not limited to the baseline survey, mid-term evaluation, final evaluation, data quality audit, and field supervision.
- Update the MEAL plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on the status and quality of implementation.
- Assist with monthly and/or quarterly performance indicator analysis, including generation of reports such as Program MEAL progress reports as well as presentations for staff related to ongoing performance.
- Conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data.
- Verify entered data for completeness, correctness, and consistency and follow up on any data quality issues.
- Document findings from data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access.
- Actively participate in and contribute to MEAL team activities, system assessments, development and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall MEAL practices at RI Yemen.
- Take part in the recruitment of enumerators and survey consultants as may be requested.
- Provide MEAL inputs for reports written during project implementation.
- Periodically leads reflective practice forums at field office/ project level and compile lessons from project implementation processes.
- Conduct regular awareness sessions about accountability and CFM to beneficiaries and communities.
- Make sure CFM materials are available and working properly at project locations.
- Collect complaints from CFM boxes and from face-to-face encounters on a monthly basis.
- Register complaints received from filed in complaints trackers.
Information management and reporting
- Establish and maintain a project information management system with participation with DMO.
- Submit data set to update the country office-wide program database on a monthly basis.
- Compile regular project monitoring reports, including lessons learned, prepared by different projects and application of evaluation recommendations.
- Ensure all projects have downward/ forward accountability mechanisms and work with project staff to ensure its implementation.
- Compile quarter, biannual, and annual tabular and narrative reports (as required by project stakeholders) on projects’ accomplishments by cost and alert the management for special deviations from the plan.
I. Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in management or information and data management or any equivalent degree.
- Advanced skills in data management (Advanced Excel).
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in M&E and data management in complex emergency programs.
- Excellent written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and excellent sense of organization.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen; ability to live in remote and isolated environments.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian programming and reporting.
- Confident in interactions with other members of the team – e.g. Able to be demanding / correctional of more senior staff.
- Ability to interact with field teams and provide remote support on information and data management.
- Takes a proactive approach to problem-solving and work prioritization.
- Takes responsibility and initiative for finding out things and expanding own knowledge.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve
- Ensure that your behaviour inside and outside of work promotes the values outlined with RI’s code of conduct and safeguarding policies
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, contribute to ensuring that all those who come into contact with Relief International staff and the communities we serve can be trusted to work safely with them.
III. RI VALUES:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل