Laboratory Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man-made disasters, and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political beliefs. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: Sana’a Coordination.
Contract type: Intersectional contract – One year – renewable.
Reports to (Hierarchical): Medical Coordinator
Reports to (Functional): Medical Coordinator
Managing (Defining, implementing, and monitoring) all laboratory activities in the project according to MSF protocols in order to ensure good microbiology practice and reliable microbiology work & to be the link between NCPHL and MSF projects.
- Participating in the definition and update of the laboratory activities, including its budget, and assisting in the medical diagnosis and the treatment of diseases of the patients.
- Performing quality control tests and analysis, ensuring the compliance to the basic plans of the laboratory and that all tests are done correctly and according to prescriptions.
- Ensuring that the hygiene and safety protocols both for individual as well as for collective protection are implemented in laboratories and that the cleaning personnel is informed about biohazards.
- Ensuring proper registration and records of all lab related activities, implementing a correct use of the associated management (EpyTryp. etc.), in order to have proper records of laboratory activities.
- Preparing and performing external quality control.
- Ensuring confidentiality of all patients’ laboratory results at any time, according to protocols in place
- In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices under his/her responsibility so they can be used at any time & anticipating and communicating future needs.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the laboratory staff of the project in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Compiling, analyzing and reporting on lab activities and results to the medical staff and the immediate supervisor providing data on complications & any problem with the staff and / or laboratory material. Also participating in the development of epidemiological reports relating to MSF health services
MSF Section/Context-Specific Accountabilities
A. Provide support to the NCPHL team to ensure access to good microbiology practice & reliable microbiologic diagnosis in accordance with MSF standards:
- Ensure proper sample reception, & implementation of MSF Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and tools. Ensure in-time sample flow & traceability.
- Ensure internal Quality Control (Q.C) & in-time external QC processing.
- Provide technical support on microbiology results interpretation & quality topics.
- Ensure adherence to Biosafety level 2 & IPC measures.
- Ensure minor maintenance for biomedical equipment
B. Be the link between NCPHL and MSF projects:
- Foster microbiology lab role as Diagnostic Stewardship (DST) to orient Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMST) & Infection Control Stewardship (IST) in MSF projects (OCP, OCBA, OCA, OCG):
- Ensure In-time results release to the share point for all MSF projects.
- Participate in monthly AMST committee meeting in OCP project.
- IST (OCP project):
- Release possible Outbreak/Contamination alarms.
- Participate in monthly IPC committee meeting.
- Provide support to lab supervisors in MSF projects on share point related topics.
- Provide orientation to MSF projects when needed to ensure quality of sampling, transportation, outbreak follow up, contamination follow up… etc.
- Provide technical advice to lab supervisors in MSF projects when asked.
- Participate in intersectional Medco meetings to optimize collaboration when needed.
- Field visits to MSF projects when needed.
C. Fulfil proper administrative work:
- Organize & prepare NCPHL rosters & Tasks Distribution Lists. Follow up NCPHL performance.
- Ensure teamwork spirit & conflict management when needed.
Supplies & Stock Management:
- Perform lab inventory, prepare pharma donations & medical orders and follow up ruptures.
- Ensure availability of local supply lab needs, and EQC supply.
- Ensure sustainability of sheep blood supply.
- Support the preparation of service agreements related to the lab work.
Microbiology Reports & Data Base:
- Ensure organized data collection & archiving system for all lab information generated to ensure traceability & accessibility to relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Register all data released in WHOnet software. Monthly perform WHOnet data analysis.
- Prepare microbiology lab reports & share to related persons.
- Work on microbiology data base to participate in studies related to strategy improvement.
Microbiology Lab strategy & planning:
- Participate in events & workshops.
- Define learning & development needs.
- Prepare annual Micro Lab budget.
- Prepare annual Micro Lab MAP.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Essential laboratory technician diploma.
- Desirable Microbiology Master’s degree, specialization, or training.
- (Certificates should be submitted/attached)
- Essential: At least 2 years of experience as a lab tech in microbiology.
- Desirable previous working experience with MSF or other NGOs. Also, a desirable experience in developing countries
- Essential Mission & Local Working Language.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and Internet)
- Results and Quality Technical Orientation
- High leadership skills.
- People Management and Development
- Time management
- Stress management
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل