Warehouse Supervisor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man-made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: Ataq Project
Contract duration: Six months renewable
Contract type: Full time contract
Reporting to: Supply Manger
Planning and supervising the execution of the Warehouse and Stock Management activitiesin the project or capital according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
Key of responsibilities:
- Planning and supervising on a day-to-day basis the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project or capital, ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Physically and administratively managing medical and non-medical stocks in conjunction with the supply officer and the stock owners and assuming responsibility for the warehouse and its contents.
- Ensuring that all necessary tools and management procedures are in place in order to avoid stock ruptures, losses (expiries, damages due to bad storage conditions, temperature breach) and excess stocks. Regularly checking inventory levels (physical counts), keeping inventories up to date and monitoring consumption.
- Checking, recording and arranging the goods received and ensuring the availability of a wide range of items for various projects and departments (medical supplies, food, spare parts, tools, equipment, etc.).
- Ensuring that all items are well organized and correctly stored according to their specificity, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility including the definition and planning of each person's tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings.
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her speciality and as specified in his/her job description.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
General Stock Management
- Ensure that all stock cards are in place and being filled on a weekly basis (conduct spot check on a regular basis)
- Inventory part:
- Prepare the inventory making sure that the stock is cleaned, all items are correctly organized, expired items are removed…
- Communicate with the stock owner and requestor to inform of the closure of the stock for the duration of the inventory
- Make sure there is enough HR to proceed with the inventory, respecting at least 2 persons per team.
- Member of counting team
- Look for explanation during the inventory
- Implement the stock strategy defined by the mission
- Collaborate with the implementation of the CAPA plan (Corrective Actions Preventive Actions) and provide necessary infromation to his Line/Functional Referent.
- Provide periodical operational reports to his Line/Functional Referent and Pharma Referent (stock report, space follow up, Donations and Loans report, etc.).
- Define – based on MSF Standard – the cleaning schedule of each warehouse
Medical Stock Management
- Ensures that the tools needed to control the temperature/humidity are available in each location
- Monitor randomly that the temperature is taken twice per days
- Inform immediately the supervisor in case of a temperature out of range.
- Collect, read, analyze the LogTag data once per month – or anytime they are flashing red (if they flash red – they should read in order to analyze the reason)
- Configure LogTags via the Log Tag Reader whenever needed.
- Knows the rules and responsibilities linked to the stock management of Regulated Items (Narcotics, Precursors, Psychotropics) – ensuring that the register book (or Stock Card) are filled properly
- Put in place – with the support of his Line/Functional manager – a system to ensure the use of the picking strategy First Expired First Out for items with expiry date and First In First Out for items without expiry date.
- Ensure the staff under his/her responsibility complies with MSF standards, protocols and procedures including health, safety, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Distribution Practices (GDP).
Logistics Stock Management
- With the support of his Line/Functional manager – define the storage condition for all types of items (DGR, Expiry..)
- Put in place – with the support of the Line/Functional manager – a system to ensure the use of the picking strategy First Expired First Out for items with an expiry dates and First In First Out for items without expiry dates
- Encode/Update the software for any Document under responsibilities – with full support of his Line/Functional Manager.
- Guarantee that the stock management data are accurate, reliable and constantly updated.
- Create the transport document (Software Freight Manifest/Packing list and/or manual WayBill /Packing List)
- With the support of his Line/Functional manager – define the priority of shipment for the projects
- Make sure that any shipment leaving the warehouse is properly identified (label) and accompanied by a Packing List and Freight Manifest (or WayBill or Delivery note).
- Make sure to communicate to the project periodically their dispatch situation (including OR number, code, description, quantity, weight, volume, number of parcels)
- Liaise with the Transport and Customs or Supply Officer to ensure the transport availability and to forward the delivery notice to the destination in case of shipment.
- In relation with the SOP and the team in charge of purchase/delivery– organize the reception of important cargo (especially International or medical order), in order to ensure the space and the resources to ensure a safe/timely offloading
- In relation with the SOP, ensure the physical and formal (on documents) reception of the freights.
- Inform the budget owner about the reception of the goods, sending a reception notice.
- Respect the available Memo/SOP/Tools/Template present in the Mission. Request explanation if anything is not clear.
- Respect the document flow system (tray system if in place) in order to ensure that all documents are correctly located and ease the follow-up
- Respect the Archive system in place in the mission (Stock Card, Reception, ecc. )
Human Resources Management:
- Request for Daily workers in the warehouse when needed – bringing justification for the needs
- In relation with his Line/Functional manager – define the priorities of the day/week in order to fulfill the activities in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with his Line/Functional Referent, provide training and technical support to the storekeepers in the mission’s warehouses, if necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENT
- Secondary education.
- Desirable warehouse management related studies.
- Desirable pharmacy related studies.
- Experience as a Warehouse Manager and/or experience in MSF Logistics department.
- Mission language is essential (English), local language is desirable.
- Knowledge Basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment. Computer literacy.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (functions, formulas, pivot table, etc).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioral Flexibility L2
- to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل