Finance Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
The IRC is seeking a multifaceted Finance Assistant to assist the Finance team in handling all aspects of day to day financial duties stated here. The position is based in Aden office.
Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Finance officer, the Finance Assistant handles all cash/bank payments and collections outside the office as well as recording the cash/Bank accounts every day.
- Regular and open communication with IRC staff from all departments and field offices.
- Represents the country office with external banks.
Cash and Bank payment processing.
- Responsible for processing the payments for both Bank and cash transactions.
- Ensure completeness of payment documents in compliance to IRC and Donor policies and procedure;
- Entering all bank/cash transactions in IRC ledger books daily.
- Preparation of Bank and Cash Reconciliation for field office on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Ensure that all cash payments are accurately supported and duly authorized per the IRC delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
- Clear and follow-up submission of transactions in Integra Online System on daily basis.
- Diligent follow-up to ensure fully signed checks are collected by vendors and signed and ensuring accurate identification of the person collecting.
- Ensure that authorized signatory list and bank information forms are regularly updated and hard-copies are on file
- Make sure taxes and any other liabilities paid timely.
- Ensure the fulfillment of all financial documents (Collections and disbursements) is filed as per audit requirement.
- Assist in Ensure that an organized and well-documented files (all files must be labeled accurately and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers.
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor.
- To be willing and ready to participate in field staff exchange programs as organized by the office.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
A. Education: BA Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance
- Minimum 3 months up to 1 year experience in Finance (preferable fresh graduate interested in Finance or Intern at NGO) Knowledge and good skills with computerized accounting systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs, preferably Integra systems and visions.
C. Skills and Abilities:
- Very Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good interpersonal skills that function across a diversity of cultures.
- Good at role of facilitator and great teammate in solving problems.
The position offers programmable workload and communicate with finance and program staff to review/update accounting systems and train staff in the field.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Posted 2 weeks ago
Deadline: 04 Jun. 2023
Posted 6 days ago
Deadline: 11 Jun. 2023