Medical Doctor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Contract duration: Permanent / Temporary / Back-up positions
Position status: Full-time positions, starting date as soon as possible
Location: AlHudaydah - Salakhana Hospital / AdDahi Hospital
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Treat patients in life-threatening conditions. Resuscitate or stabilize patients and refer them to the appropriate medical departments according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF Emergency Room protocols and values and universal hygiene standards
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Diagnose and treat life threatening illnesses and injuries in the hospital emergency room, Paediatric ward and Surgical IPD /ICU.
- Coordinate proactively with the referral Dr. about any case who need to be referred out of Hospital.
- Ensure the proper completion of ER form of the patient, handover the doctors copy at the end of the shift, to enable accurate data and analysis for better quality care and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Punctuality in taking over shifts, flexibility in duty, proper hand over of patients at bed side to incoming colleague, participating in rounds if done during their duty with the paediatrician , general surgeon , orthoptist, being cooperative about resolving patient care issues is mandatory and violation will be viewed as non-compliance of agreed terms in contract.
- Medical Doctor degree mandatory
- Valid medical Council License as General Practitioner mandatory
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience mandatory
- Experience in ER/ICU and IPD desired mandatory
- Arabic and English is mandatory
- Able to react quickly and make crisp decisions in an atmosphere of crisis
- Capacity to work in an extremely high-pressure environment
- Able to multitask and pay attention to details
- People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results oriented, Teamwork
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل