Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and manmade disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium in Yemen mission is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the LOGISTICS SPECIALIST position.
Location: Aden Coordination Office
Contract duration: Six months renewable
Contract type: Full time contract
Reporting to: Logsitics Coordinator
Carrying out assessments and ensuring the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the technical work in the projects within a certain area of specialization (Electrical Engineering, GIS, ICT, Biomed, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Construction Engineering ) according to MSF protocols and standards in or-der to ensure an optimal running of the project and its infrastructures and the efficient use of the systems and equipment.
- Defining procedures and ensures the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the technical work within his/her area of specialization.
- Managing the technical activities in support to and in close collaboration with the field responsible of the sector of activity (s)he is primarily in support.
- Carrying out assessment and feasibility studies in the project to provide line managers with alternatives and possible solutions to infrastructure challenges in the area of specialization e.g. installing / building / implementing. Liaising directly with the staff to identify the project needs and managing response and prioritization of requests.
- Where standard protocols are not available or appropriate, developing a protocol seeking extensive feedback and pilot tests to ensure its functioning as well as defining functioning standards and monito-ring systems.
- Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of the installation and maintenance done or required.
- Acting as a technical referent, providing technical advice and oversight of quality and strengthening knowledge of the team. Providing training sessions to technicians, the managers and supervisors in the overall set-up, use and maintenance of new installations.
- When required, acting as Flying expert in a mission and providing deep technical advice to managers.
- Performing delegated tasks specific to her area of specialty and as defined in his/her job description.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- The incumbent is based in Aden but expected to be frequently assigned to project locations to provide onsite support and guidance as well as to Aden coordination office.
- •Main area of focus is currently for energy (electrical installations, generators, UPS, other electrical assets/setup) and mobility (fleet of multiple vehicles) with minor infrastructure rehabilitations.
- Act as focal point for coordination team in his area of expertise, close interaction with log managers in the project and represent MSF with local contractors.
- Responsible for proper documentation and follow up of assets inventory (TMS platform) under his domain (generators, vehicles, etc.), including annual registration, etc.
- Compile and perform regular analysis of country-wide fuel consumption and maintenance of generators and vehicles. Provide advice on preventive and corrective measures.
- Provide relevant technical specification, design and/or BoQ in collaboration with the project teams.
- Perform technical assessment of available product in the market along with validation of local suppliers in collaboration with direct supervisor and/or regional technical referent.
- Maintain updated list of validated suppliers and products in collaboration with supply team.
- Responsible for maintaining and/or archiving contracts (copy) at coordination level on behalf of the mission and/or projects.
- Conduct on the job training to relevant project log supervisors during field visit and online info sessions for all projects.
- Work in close collaboration with mechanics for scheduling of services, potential fleet replacement/upgrade to avoid breakdowns.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering may be considered but not prioritized.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience, both at advisory and practical level in mechanical or electrical field.
- Working knowledge of relevant software tools
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs,
- Fluent English and Arabic (oral and written) mandatory
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their cv’s, cover letters & national ID cards copies to
MSFOCBfirstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job title in the subject line.
Deadline for submitting applications is 29 November 2023.
Job applications must be submitted online in English language only. applications submitted offline or in other languages will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for job tests or interviews.
In case of emergencies; applicants might be contacted by MSF Belgium before the closing date of the announcement.
Selected candidate will undergo reference and security checks at the end of recruitment process.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل