Supply Activity Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man-made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Supply Activity Manager
Location: Coordination office - SANAA
Length of contract: 18 months
Contract type: Full Time
Open date: 19/06/2022
KEYS POINTS ABOUT THE POSITION:
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all activities related to one or more areas of the supply programme(Warehouse, Transport and Customs, Procurement, etc.) according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/project
- In collaboration with the Logistics/ Supply Chain, Coordinator, STL and the Project Coordinator, defining the supply activities and planning the annual budget for the area of the supply programme under his/her responsibility in order to identify and optimize the response to the needs of the mission and the target population.
- Monitoring the implementation in the project of the supply activities ensuring compliance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development of the supply programme under his/her responsibility. This can include one or more of the following areas:
- Warehouse: Defining, coordinating and monitoring all Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the Mission.
- Transport and Customs: Defining, coordinating and monitoring all activities related to the clearing and the transport of medical and non-medical goods for the Mission.
- Procurement: Defining, coordinating and monitoring all procurement activities related to local, regional and international purchases of goods, transport, subcontracted works and services for the mission.
- Any other supply activity
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and providing coaching to staff under his/her responsibility
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all supply activities pertaining to his area
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure updated JDs for all supply related staff in coordination office.
- Ensure that all staff in coordination with supply tasks and responsibilities understand and follow their JD and fill their role in the supply chain.
- Support, in close coordination with the HR department and SupplyCo, the HR processes (recruit-ment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the supply staff in the coordination in order to ensure the technical skills in the supply chain of the project and the personal development of the staff
- Ensure that all the MSF standard supply tools are used and the Local Purchasing Procedure is understood and respected.
- Provide technical support to the supply team and other departments in Sana’a coordination.
- Ensure that yemeni law is respected regarding all supply activities.
- In charge of local market assessment, supplier list verification, price list verifcication and supplier evalution.
- In charge of prepring supply contract by implementing the required steps (need analysis, idintifing creatiria selection,quotationes comparioson, negotiations,…etc)
- Monitoring and follow up all international cargo, in terms of pre clearance, clearance, importation process and reception.
- Ensure that transport procedures respected and followed.
- Ensure that stock management procedures respected and followed.
- In charge of monthly cash request prepartion for supply needs.
- On request of his line manager and following the operational needs, cover additional/different tasks in the field of his expertise (for ex. emergency response).
- Ensuring a back-up systme for the supply team in Saana . Acting as back-up for the supply staff in the coordination if needed .
- Secondary education, desirable warehouse management related studies, procurement, or certificate in clearing and forwarding or related fields
- Essential at least two years of working experience in related activities.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF Logistics or Supply Department or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
- Mission language essential; local language desirable
- Computer literacy, (for warehouse: mathematics, reporting and analytical skills)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Participles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Posted 19 hours ago
Deadline: 20 Jun. 2023
Other jobs from MSF
PaediatricianDeadline:31 Jul | Hajjah (Abs)
Obstetrician GynaecologistDeadline:31 Dec | Hajjah (Abs)
Doctor AnaesthetistDeadline:31 Dec | Hajjah (Abs)
Obstetrician GynaecologistDeadline:31 Dec | Hodiedah
Nurse OutreachDeadline:09 Jun | Hodiedah