General Surgeons (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
GENERAL SURGEONS (2)
Position status: Full-time
Location: Al Qaieda Hospital
Contract duration: 1 year with a probation period and possibility of renewal.
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Organize and carry out surgical activities, ensure pre and post-operative surgical care, in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with medical staff in the emergency, intensive care unit, operation theatre and other hospital wards in order to improve patients’ health conditions.
- Coordinates the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols ( antibiotic prophylaxis, post-operative pain management, thrombo-prophylaxis, caesarean section, blood transfusion, etc) and recommendations (standard hygiene and sterilization rules, prevention to HIV, TB, Syphilis and Hep B exposure) in order to minimize clinical risks.
- Undertake pre-operative consultations, evaluating the surgical risks with the anesthetist and/or other medical staff involved, and obtaining the patient’s signed consent to operate.
- Carry out emergency and programmed surgical intervention following MSF protocols and policies including swab counts, ensuring appropriate use of surgical equipment and proper OT registry entry/documentation of all OT intervention.
- Carry out post-operative clinical care and ward rounds collaborating with the anesthetist, the Operating Theatre Nurse and ward staff or other Unit Managers to ensure compliance with MSF protocols and rational use of medicines. Attend OPD, emergency room when required.
- In collaboration with the anesthetist, carry-out the collection and analysis of quantitative surgical- anesthesia data, using post-operative observation sheets, routine data collected, patient files, operating department register, patient file, etc. to monitor quality. Monthly revue data and analyze clinical trends and comment on adverse events / poor clinical outcome. Support organizing the operating program and with OT staff monitor use of material and equipment and advise on instrument needs and coordinates patient referral.,
- Participate in the emergency disaster response plan of the hospital along with the anesthetist and the medical doctor and /or the responsible nurse and participate in hospital practical rehearsals, in order to ensure the continuity of the services under any circumstance.
- Knows and helps implement the accidental blood exposure policy.
- Plan, evaluate, and supervise the training of the staff (emergency and the out-patient teams) in order to ensure the amount of knowledge required and to improve people diagnosing, triage, and early detection capabilities.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure all surgical activities as per MSF procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure surgical follow-up of intervention till the patient’s exit from the recovery room.
- Respect and ensure that Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) measure implemented at Al Qaeda Hospital are followed.
- Support organisation of the operating needs and monitor the use of materials and equipment, advising on supply needs and report to the line manager.
- Participate in the organisation of the operating theatre, in collaboration with the team supervisor and the anesthetist supervisor.
- Participate actively in the monitoring and the reporting of surgical activities by improving the documentation (correctly fill in patient files, OT registration book, forms, statistics, reports) and analyse these statistics.
- Ensure a relevant transfer of information to the next duty team.
- Report immediately to the line manager any problem arising in the service, especially the loss/ robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines.
- Accept and apply MSF principles, values and internal regulations. Apply MSF protocols and adhere to the rules implemented by MSF within Kilo hospital.
- Participate proactively in project building capacity activities organized: trainings, PSI reporting, morbidity and mortality review, etc.
The above mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive and staff me be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by their line manager.
Education: Essential, diploma in surgical specialty recognized by the State.
Experience: Surgical experience as stated in surgical CV/skill form (number of independently performed surgical interventions) corresponds with the surgeries that are performed in the mission and qualification is duly certified and verified.
Desirable experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
Languages: Arabic and English essential
- Computer literacy essential.
- People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results and Teamwork.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from MSF
PaediatricianDeadline:31 Jul | Hajjah (Abs)
Obstetrician GynaecologistDeadline:31 Dec | Hajjah (Abs)
Doctor AnaesthetistDeadline:31 Dec | Hajjah (Abs)
Obstetrician GynaecologistDeadline:31 Dec | Hodiedah
Learning and Development SpecialistDeadline:02 Apr | Aden