Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and manmade disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium in Yemen mission is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR position.
Location: Aden Coordination Office
Contract duration: Six months renewable
Contract type: Full time contract
Reporting to: Logsitics Coordinator
Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards.
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices.
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards.
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks.
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Focal person for proper functioning of 3 premises (office, guesthouse, warehouse compound) in collaboration with other department staffs, logistics technical team, maintenance agent and external contractor in terms of electricity, water supply, plumbing and other regular maintenance of general appliances and building structures.
- Supervise daily operations of vehicles and generators. Provide support in troubleshooting matters in collaboration with mechanic.
- Provide monthly fuel consumption and maintenance report for generators and cars. Compile information on reparations and costs from mechanic.
- Maintain updated and reliable rosters for watchmen, drivers and radio operators including ensuring that leaves are taken accordingly by the said staffs and that gaps/absences are anticipated and addressed.
- Hold regular (monthly) meeting with watchmen and drivers, ensuring that they are up-to-date and aware of their responsibilities and current developments related to their tasks.
- Maintain that emergency hibernation stocks are valid by keeping updated info on content list and expiry dates. Advise supervisor for any replacement needs.
- In collaboration with supply team, perform quality control of each fuel delivery reception and safety of fuel storage at all premises.
- In collaboration with HR team, ensure that all premises are cleaned, especially where logistics team are present.
- Perform proper tracking of assets under his responsibility including data entry and item labelling. Participate and support other team members in the periodical physical inventory check of assets.
- Manage (sourcing, appointing, contracting, supervising) any relevant external contracted works on the premises in collaboration with other relevant staffs. Manage daily labors.
- Essential secondary education and formal technical training. Priority for engineering background.
- At least one year in similar position within MSF or 2 years with International NGO/private companies.
- Supervisory role for drivers, watchmen and maintenance staffs are prioritized.
Knowledge: Fluent English and Arabic (oral and written) mandatory.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their cv’s, cover letters & national ID cards copies to
MSFOCBemail@example.com mentioning the job title in the subject line.
Deadline for submitting applications is 29 November 2023.
Job applications must be submitted online in English language only. applications submitted offline or in other languages will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for job tests or interviews.
In case of emergencies; applicants might be contacted by MSF Belgium before the closing date of the announcement.
Selected candidate will undergo reference and security checks at the end of recruitment process.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل