Logistics Supervisor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position status: Full time
Location: Al Qaeda - Ibb
Contract duration: Fixed term of 1 year renewable with a probation period
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Main Purpose of the position
Be the closest counterpart of the Log manager to manage and supervise the logistic team and planning and follow up of Hospital logistic activities, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Be the main responsible under the supervision of the Log Man for the follow up and planning of all logistic activities of Hospital.
- Be the main contact for the log team while respecting the hierarchy of the log organization chart.
- Be able to guide and support the organization and planning of activities.
- Management and reporting of all log and tech activities to the Hospital logistician.
- Main responsible for collecting data for all kinds of reports.
- Follow up with supply team hospital requests and supplies
- In the absence of Hospital logistician, act as a focal person for all logistic activities concerning Hospital and communicate with the different departments.
- Follow up constructions and maintenance (electricity, biomed, cold chain) related to the ETC.
- Manage and collaborate on maintenance tasks.
- Assist on mounting new structures.
- Report any malfunctioning on ETC structures and follow up its reconditioning
- Report any security incident promptly to Log Man or backup.
- Ensure that the compound has adequate security/safety equipment and installations (lighting, fencing, fire extinguishers, etc).
- Ensure all Grey Zone Area cleaners perform daily and weekly tasks. Report any negligence of duties or absence of cleaner to Hospital logistician or to the log base which supervises the cleaners
- Monitor infection control activities in the project
- Ensure right use of light Personal Protective Equipment while on duty
- Ensure smooth running of the chlorine station and desatron plumbing, and arrange maintenance as required
- Ensure maintenance of other equipment – cleaning equipment, hand washing stations etc.
- Make little reparations
- Ensure reusable PPE is correctly cleaned and maintained and replaced as necessary
- Chlorination – Managing chlorine supply for chlorinators, monitoring chlorine and water use, supervising preparation of chlorine solutions, testing chlorine solutions and water chlorination, managing water distribution.
- Insuring water treatment unit is working properly and all necessary supply/items are available.
- Ensuring staff understand and follow the disinfection protocols
- Training – Monitoring and refreshing trainings of all staff in the low risk zone
- Staff and HR – Ensure staff attendance and adherence to protocols, and report any issues to the Log Manager
- Management of complete log team according to organization chart.
- Follow up the attendance sheets according to the rosters
- Verify & approve over time sheets for logistics team (Watsan agents, tech assistants and waste officers).
- Daily workers follow up and preparation of payment sheets.
- Management of rosters of the logistics team
- Essential: secondary education or formal technical training.
- Desirable: Bachelor degree in relevant field (technical, engineering, etc.)
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Working experience as logistics Hospital will be preferred.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, outlook, internet)
- Capacity to perform practical work in Logistics field (“hands-on”), as well as to instruct/mentor staff under his/her responsibility
- Essential: English and Arabic Language
- Organized & good in Planning, Analytical skills, Computer literacy in hardware and software, People Management, Leadership, technical skills
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل