Medical Activity Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
VACANCY: Medical Activity Manager for “Emergency Project”
Position status: Full-time
Location: Sana’a, approx. 80% of time deployed in different governorates
Contract duration: 3 months with possibility of renewal
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Emergency response constitutes one of the core activities of Doctors without Borders. MSF Switzerland is recruiting new staff for a project that intervenes and provides activities in case of emergencies such as COVID-19 or other epidemics as well as trainings based on the intervention needs according to pre-defined intervention criteria. This team is based in Sana’a, but all team members are expected to work in interventions in different governorates and locations for about 80 % of the time. Flexibility and adaptability to respond to the operational needs as well as to adapt to working and living conditions in the field are core criteria for any new staff member. Given the diverse areas of intervention compliance and acceptance of security restrictions are essential. Furthermore, solution-orientation, as well as very good communication skills and hands-on mentality are expected. If you find yourself within these characteristics as well in the professional requirements and tasks indicated below, we are looking forward to your application.
Main Purpose of the position
Define, coordinate and monitor emergency and regular medical activities under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF strategy, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the quality of care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population.
- Coordinate, assess and supervise the proper implementation and functioning of the medical activities, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures, through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions
- Supervise and ensure the medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, report to the project medical referent any problem arising during the interventions
- Participate in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the project.
- Check all the administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (file filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers, etc.) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures
- Ensure an efficient pharmacy use and monitors the rational use of the medicines and consumables. Supervise the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipates the future needs. Prepare the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identify, report to the project medical referent, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
- Coordinate and monitor the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, holidays, track of leaves, etc.)
- Participate in shifts and replacing a doctor, if necessary, based on need or request
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capacities and to ensure both staff size and the amount of knowledge required to provide quality of care
- Participate in the monthly reports of the activities
- Other tasks and responsibilities upon request of the Medical Team Leader (trainings, assessment, networking, gap-filling)
- Medical doctor degree
- Valid Medical License from the medical council
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as Medical Doctor after degree, preferably 6 month of clinical experience within the last 2 years
- Experience in managerial or supervisor position is desirable
- Experience in INGOs or MSF is desirable
- Experience in emergency response (e.g. epidemics, COVID-19 patients) is desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and outlook)
- Capacity to perform clinical work, as well as to instruct/mentor staff under his/her responsibility
- Arabic & English: Fluent in writing & speaking
- People Management and Development
- Stress Management
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Adaptability and able to work in a multicultural team
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل