HR assistant - Aden
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSFH is pleased to announce the following position based in Aden:
Title: HR ASSISTANT
Generic Function: FIN/ HR ASSISTANT
Level: 6 (E)
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical): ADEN BASE RESPONSIBLE
Reports to (Functional): PAM/Admin transit
Job Family: HR & FIN
Supervises (Function): Cleaners and cook
Execute administrative, HR and legal related tasks to support the Project HR Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives
- Under supervision of the Project HR Manager managing personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Updating the HR database and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Updating Social security Tax office files in order to meet legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Additional HR/ Admin tasks delegated by the Project HR Manager
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Supervise accommodation facilities, maintenance and related services for visitors and staff living in base in order to ensure MSF standards of living.
- Prepare all correspondence with local authorities (i.e. tax offices, ministry of labor, Social security) in order to maintain flow and soft relationships. Keep documentation and file.
- Ensure MSF premises are in order to ensure working conditions are in conformity with legal requirements.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Update Social Security Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Supervise Admin staff in Base, Cook and cleaner.
- Update arrival departure details and ensure, for organizing admin support. This include room cleanliness, food and pick up etc.
- Take International staff passports for visas and stamping to relevant authorities on time.
- Execute HR, administrative, and legal related tasks for MSF staff, daily workers.
- Prepare HR documents and update personal files as per checklist before sending to Coordination.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labor and fiscal law compliance.
- Ensure updated Job Descriptions, and that all MSF staff have signed and understood it.
- Support Coordination or other sections in organizing tests/recruitment process.
- Brief new employees on HR policies and regulations in order to facilitate on boarding processes.
- Assist the HR Coordinator in following-up on other HR process, on Discipline, performance appraisal, leave management, personal filing and other tasks assigned from coordination.
- Responsible for the HOMERE when implemented; creating staff files, updating staff info/data on a regular basis, generate payrolls, and make salary payments on time.
- Ensure timely payment of Social security and salary tax for Aden.
- Manage Aden food pot system. Ensure the correctness and calculation of the invoice before requesting payment.
- Ensure proper Filing/Archive system and maintain the contract overview for Aden.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Learning and Development:
- Acting as project Focal Point for Performance Management System (PMS), supporting supervisors and staff to complete all objective setting, check-ins and reviews in an effective and timely manner and share with L&D Manager reports periodically.
- Acting as project Focal Point for staff Learning and Development, supporting supervisors and staff to identify needs and opportunities to fill those needs with internal or external trainings and other capacity-building possibilities. This includes managing the English Class program for staff under level 5 and Arabic courses for Expat and submit L&D monthly and bimonthly reports to L&D Manager.
- Organize and coordinate the logistics and administrative activities needed for learning activities such as distribution materials, equipment requests, transport arrangements, obtaining the material approval of other partners, etc in the project.
- Prepare and gather documents for the selection process of participants.
- Support his/her supervisor in performing training needs assessments, determining appropriate content and target groups for training, ensuring the continued improvements and preparing a calendar of trainings to ensure the coverage of the training needs and maintain high standards of quality according to L&D tools and policies.
- Responsible for implementing the induction program for new employees according to its policy and the followed tools.
Staff is not allowed to chew QAT during working hours.
Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises.
The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by their line manager.
- Desirable finance, business or administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Mission language and local language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Team work and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
How to Apply
All applicants should submit an application letter in English (explaining relevant experience and motivation), CV, Copies of relevant Degrees, recommendation letters, Copy of Yemeni National ID Card by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must put “HR Assistant“ in the subject line.
Closing date: 18 of May 2022
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date.
- Applicants who will not submit an identity card will not be selected for the test
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل