Programme Assistant (Data Management- CBI)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Programme Assistant (Data Management- CBI)
- Organizational Unit : RRM-CBI
- Duty Station: Yemen, Sana’a
- IOM Classification : G5
- Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No.: SVN2023.046
- Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
- Closing Date :Tuesday, 06 June 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the direct supervision of the Cash programme manager and coordination with the Cash operation officer, the CBI Programme Assistant (Data Management) will directly support and provide technical assistance to Yemen RRM-CBI program unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Act as a data base focal point for the RRM/CASH Unit, provide support to conduct cross check and verification activity on daily basis. Troubleshoot any issues or discrepancies with data.
2. Coordinate with external partners to ensure the successful and smooth transition of RRM data onto the referral system under the supervision of the designated supervisor.
3. Maintain and carry out regular database processes including data cleansing, analysis and provide technical support to IOM filed teams to ensure of the quality of the data collect.
4. Deliver and upload data files, including checking, and correcting inaccuracies and updating supporter records.
5. Prepare and follow up on the distribution related documents for the field teams in multiple locations
6. Provide quality control of the database for changes and errors and make corrections, as needed. Responsible for notifying management and making recommendations for risk measures.
7. Develop reports and infographics using available data for monthly and quarterly reports.
8. Support M&E unit in identifying a specific RRM -MPCA data required for PDM, verification and monitoring purposes
9. Data security and administration.
10. Willing to travel to IOM field offices when needed
11. Perform other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor and management.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma (with 5 years’ experience) or Bachelors degree (with 3 years’ experience)
- Working Experience in the humanitarian sector and understanding of Yemen context
- At least 2 years’ experience in information management, data analysis or equivalent field.
- Experience with cleaning, collecting, and archiving confidential data
- Strong computer application and advanced Microsoft office, KOBO collect, SAP and other forms of technology for service delivery.
- Experience in reporting systems, project data and statistics.
- Knowledge of the UN system is an advantage
- Previous IOM experience is an advantage
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English and Arabic Language is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own
- action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”.
Posting period: 24 April 2023 to 06 June 2023
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل