Paediatrician This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Contract duration: Permanent positions
Position status: Full-time positions
Location: AlHudaydah - Salakhana Hospital / AdDahi Hospital
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Providing outpatient and/or inpatient paediatric care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the new-born and child/beneficiary’s health conditions
- Applying medical knowledge and skills to prevention, diagnosis and treatment of children, ensuring integrated new-born and paediatric care through Emergency, OPD, and IPD services in New-borns and cases of malnutrition. Prescribing the necessary treatment, respecting MSF protocols.
- Collaborating closely with the different department of the hospital (e.g. Maternity), Knowing and ensuring all updated MSF medical protocols and universal precautions are followed and implemented, reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
- As an expert in paediatrics, proposing strategy (modification on current new-born and paediatric care management) and implementing them after validation of Operation and Paediatric Advisor.
- Ensuring on-going new-born and paediatric training (formal and bedside) of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the new-born and paediatric quality of care. Reviewing and discussing selected complicated cases or mistakes and giving technical input.
- Keeping patients and their families informed of the illness and the treatment to follow, checking that they have been understood. Ensuring professional autonomy and confidentiality are respected and a good attitude and proper bedside manner towards the patient and their care takers and the rest of the medical team.
- Following up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Monitoring the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material and addresses the list of the missing item for new-born and paediatric activities. Providing inputs about general organization of the different paediatric wards, including the admission, transfer and discharge criteria + referral procedure from Maternity and post-delivery wards
- Checking and controlling the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and taking care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assuring general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participating in the introduction / improvement of the collection and analysis of epidemiological new-born and paediatric data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problems or complications of the patient’s illness and medical errors. Collecting Clinical cases for further trainings and list a series of comments to improve the current MSF protocols
- Managing the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Designing and providing training to staff as required.
- Debriefing with coordination, headquarter (including Paediatric Advisor) and providing written report on main findings, activities, conclusions and further recommendations.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Improving the quality of care in IPD wards (neonates and paediatric cases) according to MSF protocol :
- Proper medical examination done for admitted cases on daily base: general examination, proper regional examination (inspection, palpation, auscultation and percussion according to the case)
- holistic approach to the patient (anamnesis, environment, allergy, etc)
- Full neonatal examination has to be done for every admitted neonate in the neonatal ward and document all the findings
- Discuss with the doctors and NTS the need of isolation and ensure that its written clearly in patient’s file per need
- Respecting the IPC measures: 5 moments hand washing, using uniform inside the hospital
Ensuring an appropriate rational use of drugs following MSF protocol in the different wards:
- Follow up the patients file and make sure the plan of treatment is updated on daily base respecting MSF protocols and guidelines
- Rationalize the use of antibiotics as indicated based on MSF protocol and guideline including type of antibiotics, duration, root, when to change antibiotics and need for adding more antibiotics and when to stop
- Ensure the analgesia protocol is followed in ER, ICU, and IPD for any prescription and update the team on the proper use of analgesia and how to escalate up and wining
Capacytiy building to the team :
- Ensure that the new 2021 MSF malnutrition protocol in managing SAM cases with complication is followed by the med team
- Providing training to the staff as required in the main pediatric topics e.g. malnutrition protocol and SAM cases management at least 8 per month to cover 30 attendances
- Follow up the progress of the team after having the training by providing biweekly report about the progress
- Review and discussing selected complicated cases and giving technical input ( mortality and morbidity analysis at least one per monthly )-encourage the MDs and pediatricians and nurses to prepare and participate
- Use Telemedicine and share the list of telemedicine cases and report monthly with the MAM and PMR
- Train/ bedside trainings of the medical team on proper history taking in neonate and pediatric, clinical examination, SOAP and SBAR methodology the target is to cover the whole medical and paramedical team 15 staff/ month 4 months
- Medical Doctor Diploma
- Paediatric Specialisation is mandatory
- Medical Council Certificate as Specialised Paediatrician.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Paediatric Department
- Previous MSF or NGO experience desired
- Arabic and English is mandatory
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل