Junior Field Assistant (Community Feedback) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Junior Field Assistant (Community Feedback)
- Organizational Unit: Programme Support Unit
- Duty Station: Yemen, Aden
- IOM Classification: UG-Hourly
- Type of Appointment: Hourly Contract, 3 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. : CFCV2022.102
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Monday, 12th December 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Project Assistant and Senior Community Feedback Project Assistant, the position will support the Community Feedback Team to support RRM/CASH distributions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Receive, process, address and respond to complaints related to RRM distributions and guide beneficiaries that seek help through IOM hotlines and other CFMs.
2. Enter all complaints and feedback in the database and keep up to date records to generate reports anytime.
3. Provide callers with accurate, up-to-date information. Answer callers’ questions/inquiries thoroughly by
clarifying and providing relevant information.
4. Participate in verification of beneficiaries as required, and in coordination with the Programme Assistant.
5. Contribute to distributions as and when required to IDPs, returnees, host communities, migrants and other
individuals selected for assistance under IOM’s various assistance programs, if and when required.
6. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or Bachelors degree (with one years)
- Experience in the humanitarian sector preferable and working with vulnerable individuals.
- Expert data handling skills (classification, categorizing, tabulation etc.) and demonstrates diligence in data management.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and Excel.
- Organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Information dissemination skills is required.
- Good working knowledge of statistical packages is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of English is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own
- action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل